A handy list of pub quiz questions based around the theme: consumables (food and drink). Answers are below.
- Which are the 3 biggest wine-producing nations?
- Match the most-consuming nation with the most-consumed food:
- Pizza, chocolate, fish, rice, baked beans
- UK, Maldives, Laos, Norway, Switzerland
- Why is Spam called Spam?
- Why is ‘saag aloo’ called ‘saag aloo’?
- What does HP stand for in HP sauce? +1 bonus pt. for where it is produced.
- Why is soda called soda?
- In all the countries in which it is sold, Coca Cola is the best-selling soft drink – except in one. In which country is Coca Cola outsold, and by which soft drink?
- What is the most popular beer in the world, by volume consumed? Where is it from?
- What are the 3 main ingredients of béchamel sauce?
- What are 3 of the main ingredients of the Philippine dish sisig?
- Italy, France, Spain
- Match them up:
- Pizza – Norway
- Chocolate – Switzerland
- Fish – Maldives
- Rice – Laos
- Baked beans – UK
- It is a combination of spiced + ham
- Saag = spinach, aloo = potato
- HP stands for Houses of Parliament; it is produced in the Netherlands
- It is named after the sodium salts in the water
- Scotland; Irn Bru
- Snow; China
- Butter, milk and flour
- Any 3 from pig snout/cheeks/ears, chicken liver/heart, onion, calamansi, raw egg, chilli