A handy list of pub quiz questions based around the theme: current affairs / politics. Answers are below.
- What is President Rodrigo Duterte’s middle name?
- Who was elected leader of the UK Labour Party in April 2020?
- Only two elected world leaders have ever given birth while in power. Who are they and what nations did they, or do they, lead?
- What is the bloodiest war of the 21st century so far? Name 2 of the belligerents.
- What is the most illegally trafficked animal and why, in early 2020, did it re-enter the news?
- What is more expensive, gram for gram…?
- rhino horn or methamphetamine
- gold or saffron
- crack cocaine or platinum
- diamond or anti-matter
- Which were the first US states to legalise recreational use of cannabis?
- If you went to university at the oldest university in the world, what would you probably eat for lunch?
- If you met the longest reigning monarch ever, how would you say ‘hello’?
- Approximately what proportion of Filipinos live outside the Philippines?
- Keir Starmer
- Benazir Bhutto, Pakistan and Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand
- Second Congo War; any 2 of Democratic Republic of the Congo, Angola, Chad, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi
- Pangolin; possible connection to coronavirus: animal-to-animal transmission
- Most expensive:
- Crack cocaine
- Colorado & Washington State
- Bolognese, for example (it is the University of Bologna)
- ‘Hello’, or any other greeting in English (the longest reigning monarch is Queen Elizabeth II
- 11.5%, or between 1/8 and 1/9
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]