A handy list of pub quiz questions based around the theme: stories. Answers are below.
- How many books are in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy ‘trilogy’, and how many can you name?
- What do J K Rowling’s first two initials stand for?
- First lines: book and author
- ‘Call me Ishmael.’
- ‘It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.’
- Somewhere in la Mancha, in a place whose name I do not care to remember, a gentleman lived not long ago, one of those who has a lance and ancient shield on a shelf and keeps a skinny nag and a greyhound for racing.’
- ‘It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.’
- ‘I am an invisible man.’
- How many plays did Shakespeare write, according to popular consensus, and into what 3 categories are they generally divided?
- What are the names of King Lear’s 3 daughters?
- Who invented the phrase ‘catch-22’, and what book popularised it?
- Describe briefly the ‘world’ of Terry Pratchett’s Discworld books
- Which famous horror fiction author also used to write under the pseudonym ‘Richard Bachman’, and can you name any of the books published under that name?
- In the science fiction series Dune, what is everyone fighting over, and on what planet?
- Who won the nobel prize for literature, somewhat controversially, in 2016?
- 6 novels
- Joanne Kathleen
- First lines:
- Moby Dick, Herman Melville
- 1984, George Orwell
- Don Quixote, Cervantes
- Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
- Invisible Man, Ralph Ellison
- 38 (or 39, or 40); comedy/history/tragedy
- Goneril, Cordelia and Regan
- Joseph Heller; Catch-22
- A flat planet balanced on the backs of four elephants which in turn stand on the back of a giant turtle
- Stephen King; any of Rage (1977), The Long Walk (1979), Roadwork (1981), The Running Man (1982), Thinner (1984), The Regulators (1996), and Blaze (2007)
- Spice; Arrakis
- Bob Dylan
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]