A handy list of pub quiz questions based around the theme: world travel. Answers are below.
- Yaren, Yerevan, Yaounde and Yamoussoukro are the only four capital cities that begin with Y – which countries are they the capitals of?
- What is the world’s largest freshwater lake called, and which country is it in?
- Which country has more lakes than the rest of the world combined?
- What is the highest capital in the world, and what was the highest capital in the world before China took control of Tibet?
- In which Asian countries would you spend the following currencies:
- Taka, and
- Name any 3 of the Balearic islands.
- What name can be a city in southern Spain, a major city in Argentina, and a car produced by Chrysler?
- In Gulliver’s Travels, in which two places does Gulliver find himself among tiny, and giant, people?
- Which 4 countries do the biblical rivers of the Tigris and the Euphrates flow through?
- In which country is there a natural gas pit nicknamed the ‘Door to Hell’ that has been on fire since 1971 – Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria or Iceland?
- Nauru, Armenia, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire
- Lake Baikal; Russia
- La Paz; Lhasa
- National currencies:
- Any 3 of Ibiza, Majorca, Minorca and Formentera
- Lilliput; Brobdingnag
- Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]